Toasted Tamari Pumpkin Seeds
Jane Lorimer is a nutritionist and has given us some wonderful healthy recipes over the years, including this one. Simple to make, unbelievably tasty and guilt free, Toasted Tamari Pumpkin Seeds are the perfect padkos (‘food for the road’ in Afrikaans).
- 100g of pumpkin seeds
- 1 – 2 lugs of tamari (a soy sauce that contains no wheat, is dark in appearance and rich in flavour)
- Over a moderate heat, toast the pumpkin seeds in a dry pan, stirring frequently until you hear the seeds start to pop.
- Remove from the heat and pour in the tamari.
- Quickly and vigorously stir the steaming tamari into the pumpkin seeds with a flat edged wooden spoon.
- Make sure that you use the flat edge of the spoon to scrape the delicious tamari that has stuck to the bottom of the pan back into the mixture.
- Leave to cool.
Delicious to nibble at on their own or sprinkled over salads.