Thai Spiced Squash & Noodle Soup
This is another favourite recipe from our great friend, nutritionist and Queen of Green, Jane Lorimer.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Thai red curry paste
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 400 ml coconut milk
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 1 medium butternut squash cut into 1cm cubes
- 1 lemon grass stalk, the tender part only and chopped very finely
- 2 kaffir lime leaves sliced
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 celery stick, finely sliced
- Good grinding of salt and black pepper
- 250g Chinese dried egg noodles
- 1 fresh red chilli, seeded and cut into match sticks
- 2 spring onion, finely sliced on the diagonal
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves
- Warm the oil in a pot over a low heat.
- Add the curry paste and spices, simmer for 1 minute.
- Pour in the coconut milk and chicken stock and bring to the boil.
- Add the squash, lemon grass, lime leaves and leek. Simmer until tender.
- Add the dry noodles to the soup and cover until al dente.
- Ladle out into bowls, sprinkle with the garnish and serve.
This is equally tasty as a soup without the noodles.