Hilary’s Magic Mushrooms
Hilary Ford gave us this tasty, simple and only slightly sinful recipe when we spent a few wonderful days at Bushman’s with her. It is a great accompaniment to boerewors sausages or any braai.
- 4 flat brown mushrooms
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
- 1 generous handful of grated cheese
- A good grinding of salt and pepper
- Slice the onion in to rings, divide evenly and add to each mushroom stalk up.
- Add a squeeze of lemon juice and sprinkle the garlic and cheese on top.
- Season and braai until the cheese melts.
We added feta cheese, sun dried tomatoes and a few splashes of Worcestershire sauce.