(Not) For Sale: Land Rover Defender 110 Including Complete Overland Kit
Quit Your Job.
Buy A Ticket.
Get A Tan.
Fall In Love.
Never Look Back.
Travelling through Africa with our dog, Bow Wow, has been an experience we will never forget. Sadly this adventure must come to an end for now so we can focus all of our energies on The Band4Hope Project.
We spent months driving all over Southern Africa in this incredibly reliable pimped out Defender. We had it serviced regularly wherever we were and it never let us down. With traction control, you can go pretty much anywhere in this 4×4 as you can see from the pictures below. No need for roads, we prefer dry riverbeds anyway.
This is your mobile home on wheels with everything you need. We’re including a complete package as detailed below.
This is a UK registered vehicle currently parked in Cape Town, South Africa with a current Carnet de Passage. It expires on 30th November 2012, though can be renewed for another year or more for further travel through Africa and beyond.
Scroll down for more pics and price.
Registration: UK registered – L40 CWT (in South Africa with current Carnet de Passage)
Year: 2006 (reg’d 26-Dec-2005)
Make: Land Rover
Engine: Td5 Diesel
Engine Capacity: 2.5L (2498 cm3)
5 Speed Manual with High/Low and center diff-lock
Mileage: approx: 66,000 miles (106,216 km)
- Full Length Alu Roof Rack w/ ladder
- 74L Aluminium Box installed on roof (Size 780 x 580 x 200mm)
- Eezi Awn T-top roof tent 160cm with Shower Skirt (additional bedroom)
- R/H Wing Mounted Rear Fuel Tank 45L
- Water Tank – 44L – RH Rear under car
- Eezi Awn 2.5m Awning
- Diff guards
- Lockable Safe under the center console
- N. Luna Portable Power Pack c/w Deep Cycle Battery
- Secondary Battery (2 batteries in total)
- Solar Panel – 80w on roof
- 50L National Luna Fridge / Freezer
- Little Black Box – Alerts you to any engine problems (oil / water / temp / charge etc)
- Heavy duty tow bar with pin and ball mount – use as recovery point
- 1 x 20L Double Aluminium Jerry Can Holder with 2 jerry cans for diesel fuel mounted
- 6 x brand new Tyres – BF Goodrich Mud-Terrain T/A (spares: 1 mounted on rear and other on roof)
- Shovel & Axe – bolted onto front of vehicle
- Side Wing Doors – Lockable. Provides easy access.
- Right Hand Wing Cupboard
- Spare Wheel Carrier
- Thule 2 Bike Carrier
- Hi Lift Jack – Bolted on the outside to save space.
- Gas Bottle and bracket – mounted on rear
- Tow Ball with Towing Points
- All exterior lights protected
- Strong interior wall installed separating the rear and front cabins. Near impossible to break in!
- Sound – Amp & Extra Speakers (standard LR speakers are terrible!)
- New CD player with USB and iPod connection
- Seats removed for extra space – only 1 seat in rear
- Pullout Drawer at rear of car to store bits and bobs – super handy!
- Hot Shower – heat produced from mod in engine using coolant. Keep car running for hot water.
Tools & Spares
- Almost everything you can think of that you would need to get through Africa!
- All required spares
- Defender Workshop Manual
- 3 x Oil Filters
- 4 x Fuel Filters
- 2-3 x Air Filters
- Variety of Fuses
- Power Drill
- Light Bulbs x 2 of all
- Tool Kit – top of the range, can’t remember brand but very good
- Including the following plus more
- Vice Grips
- Water Pump Pliers
- 2 x types Wire Cutters
- Pliers – various types
- Metal Hammer
- Assorted Open & Ring Spanners
- Socket Kit
- Screwdrivers – assorted
- 2 extra large Shifters
- Water Pump
- Small Blow Torch (welding)
- Multi Meter to measure voltage
- Silicon Bandage to fix hoses – MI 4X4 SILICONE TAPE
- Magnet on a stick
- 12v portable drill – rechargeable / 12v
- Pop rivet gun + pop rivets
- Tyre Puncture Repair Kit – Tech Brand
- Tyre Pressure Guage
- Tyre Pressure fast let down tool
- Tyre Valves Spare
- Fuel Funnel
- Jubilee Clips
- Vaious Cable Ties / Hose Clamps
- Plastic Fuel Line and Connectors
- Prately putty / flexible HEAT RESISTANT
- Tubes of Silicon
- Glue that petrol doesn’t dissolve
- Glues – Q.Bond, Pratley Steel, Plastic mix glue
- Contact Adhesive
- Rapid araldite/plastic metal glue
- Silicon Spray
- Instant Gasket Paste
- Exhaust Repair Putty
- Radiator Sealant
- 2m fuel hoses (long enough to be used as a siphon)
- WD40 / Q20 Spray
- Hand Cleaner
- Spray Degreaser
- Diff types of Electrical Wire 2 m lengths
- Roll of wire
- Crimp Connectors
- Electrical Connectors
- Masking Tape
- Gaffer Tape
- Electrical Tape
- Rubber Mallot
- Mole Wrench (lge & sml)
- Pipe Wrench
- Grease Gun
- Length of Pipe (to extend power bar for stubborn nuts)
- Self tapping screws
- Assortment of nuts, bolts & washers
- Thick Plastic Sheeting 1.5m x 2m
- Nylon 6mm string
- Nylon 10mm string
- Stronger Normal Rope 20m length
- Some pieces of Aluminium & Metal Plates 10 and 15 cm sq
- Rolls of Mutton Cloth
- Engine Oil – enough for 2 changes
- 5L of Gearbox & Differential Oil
- Transfer box Oil
- 1-2 L Brake and Clutch Fluid Oil
- 1-2 L Coolant (water is possible)
- Radiator Sealant
All cooking equipment you need including items such as pots, pans and a great Potjiekos
- Kinetic Rope
- Tow Rope (static)
- 2 x Short Bridle Ropes
- 4 x 3/4 tonne Bow Shackles
- Aluminium Track Mats / Sand ladders – VT SAND PLATES ALU
- Gloves – WI GLOVES LEATHER
- 2 pieces of wood (for chocking wheels & bottle jack)
- Geared Bottle Jack
- Heavy Duty Jumper Leads – BE 450A BOOSTER CABLES
- 1.5KG FIRE EXTINGUISHER
- Dry Powder
- Garden bottle and sprayer
- Triangles – warning x 2
- Y/W/R Coloured Reflective Tape for Vehicle – ZA Zambia Tape
- LifeSaver Jerrycan – the ultimate in water filtration
- 3 x 20L Green heavy duty Water Cans
- Washing Machine – Water tight container. Put clothes, washing powder and water in and hit the bumpy road!
- 12v Torch – rechargeable – strong
- Big Country 1200 x 800 Aluminium Table with Rip Stop Canvas bag
- 2 x Campmor Directors Chairs with Rip Stop Canvas Bags
- 6 x Gommo Boxes
- 1 x Ground Sheet for Awning
- 1 x Small Inverter 1000w
- 1 x Twin Cylinder Compressor
- Plus much much more!
- Stool (fold up) – CH Goanna Chair
- Washing Line
- 2 x Mosquito net – Large
- Citronella Oil – mosquitos – CE Citronella Oil Refill
- Cloths / rags
- Multi 12v Cig power board – BE 3 IN 1 POWER SOCKET 12V
- Front windscreen sun protector – VT ALU CARCOOL 4X4 160X90CM
Scroll to end of post for price.
Awning retracts away nicely. Also easy access to roof ammo box.
Roof consists of the tent, 2nd spare wheel, ammo box and 2 jerry cans.
Right side lockable wing door opens to food cupboard. With the awning extended, this becomes the perfect outdoor kitchen.
Left side lockable wing door provides easy access to fridge and freezer.
The pull out drawer system keeps you organised. Provides easy access to all you need.
10kg gas cylinder mounted to the rear. Perfect for messy cooks.
2 jerry cans mounted and 2nd spare wheel.
Using the hot shower heated by the engine. Nothing better than an outdoor wash.
Additional speakers with amplifier to replace the terrible factory made kit.
Axe mounted on the front. Shovel is mounted on the other side.
The ultimate in water filtration. See www.lifesaversystems.com.
Bikes mounted on Thule 2 bike carrier.
Hi Lift Jack mounted on rear for easy access.
All lights are protected in this way.
Inside rear view: Pull out drawer, fridge, plenty of space. Note there is now a wall dividing this cabin and the front seats for extra security.
Tent fully setup with additional room and 2 mountain bikes mounted on Thule bike rack.
King size bed comfortably fits 2 people.
45 L water tank with tap at rear.
Meeting the bushmen tribe in Namibia.
Don't miss the Sani Pass in Lesotho.
River crossings are too easy.
Go wherever you desire.
Life on the road with the friendly Africans. Next stop Cape Town.
As previously mentioned, this is a UK registered vehicle currently parked in Cape Town, South Africa with a current Carnet de Passage. It expires on 30th November 2012, though can be renewed for another year or more for further travel through Africa and beyond.
We can also ship the vehicle back to the UK within a month or so if required.
Please contact us for more info.
We’re excited to announce that we’ve decided to keep Lula and she’s floating her way back to the UK now. We’re going to re-brand her as The Hope Truck with a new mission… bringing The Band4Hope Project to this summer’s UK festivals!